Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am still around..

Well I have been out of touch lately and I do apologize for no freebies lately. Things around the house just seemed to fall apart at the seams and I decided I would take a break from things to figure out how to put things back together. I am almost to the end of this venture and have stood through many tests these past few days. The ulimate test was last night, we had storms blow through last night or let me say early this morning. I don't know exactly why I awoke but I turned the tv on only to find out about all the storm warnings and tornado warnings. This all started around 2am, then I found out that a tornado had touch down and was heading straight for us. I ran to get the kids in the bathroom and had only minutes to spare. I swear to you the train came straight down my hallway in my house. It sounded like my bedroom and closet were being riped away from the house. So as I sat in the bathroom, on my laptop, logged on to the local weather channel chat room. There was a man from OR. online and he walked me through the whole thing. I have never been through a tornado before and I was completely scared to death. I explained to him all the noises I was hearing and how it sounded like heavy objects were flying around the house. This all took place around 3am and it was over fairly quick. I remember how calm everything seemed after everything had passed. It was dark outside so I couldn't tell what damage we had until morning. The house was still intact and I didn't have any broken windows.

You don't realize the full meaning of living through a tornado until you realize how close you were and it miss you completely. When I was able to see outside their was alot of debris in the back part of the house but the house was fine. The kids lost their clubhouse and swing set and it is in pieces in the yard. I was explaining to a friend of mine what had happened and he swore it sounded like a tornado but he couldn't believe I didn't have house damage. He told me to look around for places where the grass was laid down in a circular motion, it would be real distinct. So I go out to look around, I don't find any of this in the immediate yard but then I looked out about 30 yards from the house and notice this huge circle where the grass was laid down. I called and he had to come check it out. It definitely was a tornado that touched down and to look at it, well the only way it missed the house was we had God's hands surrounding us this morning. I can not explain what this showed me today, other than, I see that God is in control and he is taking care of me and the boys.

I hope to begin posting again soon but I still need more time and I am working on new stuff but haven't spent alot of time on it. Take care everyone and I will be back in the swing of things soon.

Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God Michelle, He is in control and now that you have turned your life, your love and your heart over the Him, you will be able to see His work and blessing more in your life. Love ya bunches! Debbie