Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Formal Pics from Cruise

Well since I can't access 4shared tonight, I can't post the freebies but I will keep trying. In the meantime, here are some pics from our formal night on the Star Princess Alaska Cruise....



Formal night was a lot of fun and it was nice to dress up since I don't really go anywhere to where this dress. The meal was incredible and we had so much fun throughout the cruise tasting new foods that we would normally not eat. I would suggest staying away from the Philadelphia Pot Soup though...it had tripe in it and I have never tasted butt hole but I would imagine that this is what it would taste like. The escargot appetizer was a hoot...get a bunch of Texans around a nice five course meal and serve snails...we laughed through the entire meal and even made the couple next to our table mad. The best time was the rack of lamb that Jerry ordered and had one left so he gave it to Kim's dad to taste, he picked it up like a pork chop at a down home cookout and ate it holding the "handle" as he called it. Then the next one was when Kim's mom was offered the snails, she actually hollered at the table, sending all of us into a hard laugh. It was like Rednecks meet the Trump family for dinner...we may have offended those at the other table but those of us from Texas would have understood all the humor in it...I mean we were eating stuff that is normally used for fish bait. That there is just funny, I don't care who ya are. The best part was the last day for us to sit down to our five course dinner, Jerry ordered one of everything on the menu and of course they brought it out to him. Had I know they would do that I would have been ordering two shrimp cocktails every night. He made it through the meal but did send some of it back, this was the day I tried to eat that tripe soup..Gross! and even Jerry's soup was nasty and looked like pea soup with poppy seed in it. We sent that back full needless to say, just could not imagine me eating that mess. Kim and I laughed so hard during dinner time and usually it took us awhile to figure out just how daring we were going to be in choosing our meals. The desserts were awesome and I was never disappointed and of course, Jerry, the table clown, always ordered the souffle. We all laughed at him and Kim now has to get a recipe to make it at home. If anyone has a good recipe for souffle then send it out...We all miss the food and Kim and I looked for the Breakfast Buffet this morning when we got to work but to our disappointment all that was offered was an over priced, stale vending machine. I was ready for a nap by lunch time but hopefully this feeling will go away. Well more pics to come so stay tuned for more laughs about our vacation.

No comments: