Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back from Alaska

Wow, what a great vacation. The cruise to Alaska was so great and I really enjoyed being back on water again. It was nice to be able to sit on the deck and read a book and be at peace. Even now, I am sitting in my room watching the boys wrestle with one another and it is quite loud in here...Welcome Home Mom. I saw some of the most beautiful landscapes and have tons of pics to download and start scrapping. I am grateful that Kim allowed me to join her family on this trip. I enjoyed talking to her Mom and Dad and it was nice to spend time with all of them. I am still looking for the breakfast buffet line and wonder why I am not being served a five course meal for dinner. However, the boys think I have lost my mind because I bought groceries and it was all fresh veggies and healthy food. Clayton is loving the new me that has come home. And he actually did some maturing while I was going too. He now has a job and works everyday and opened a bank account all on his own. And here I had been hounding him for the last month about all of this and one week of me being gone on vacation, he completes all of it. Could be because I took the bank card away from him when I left and he had to go out and grow up but either way, I am so proud of him. The night before I was to fly to Seattle, Devin broke his arm and he is in a cast right now, a bright lime green one. I won't lose him in a crowd because it is so bright. Denver, well, he is Denver...he was glad to have me home finally I am glad to be home with him. We are going to be getting geared up for the move the next couple of weeks. I hope to be done in the next two weeks but we will see how it goes. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I am just not sure I am ready but I am off Friday for the 4th of July and the boys and I are going to have one heck of a fireworks show at the house and just play all day. Well glad to be back and I am going to be posting some of the old stuff again so I can clear out some of my kits, so be ready tomorrow if you missed anything in the past. I will start new stuff once I get the move done.

Have a great night...
Missie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Michelle, wish I was at work to welcome you with open arms and a big hug. I missed you girls. Glad to hear the trip was a hugh success (I am still jealous). Love ya and see ya on Monday. Happy 4th Debbiejs