Monday, July 28, 2008

I am still around

I am almost done with packing this monster house and now to figure out what to do with everything. My new little house is already filling with boxes and I haven't even move the furniture in yet. I was taking a break and figured I would post an update on where we are on the move.
Clayton is now getting set up in his new home and it is really nice. He lives on a private lake and his house sits up on a hill that you walk down to get to the water. Very nice. Of course, it hurt to pay the first months rent, deposits and then add college tuition on top of that. We only have to get his books for school and then I am done.

As for me, I am still packing up the little things left around and we moved our first set of boxes Saturday to the new place. I am making another trip out there tonight to start ripping carpet out and move my bed into the house. Denver is still at his Dad's for the summer but he will be coming home in the next two weeks to get ready for school to start. Hopefully, I will be financially ready for this when it comes around. Clayton has just about drained me this week.

Devin packed his stuff up and moved it to his Dad's house and I am getting ready to transfer his records to his new school. I am going to miss him being around the house but I think it will be good for him to see what it is like to live with Dad. Hopefully he will appreciate all the little things that I have done all his life and he took for granted. But only time will tell and it is going to be hard on me, however, I expect him to want to come home by Christmas. Things are just way different at Dad's and he hasn't yet experienced that part yet.

All of my scrap stuff is packed in boxes and has been for the last month, I AM GOING NUTZ!!! I want to paper scrap and digi scrap so bad but can't right now. Maybe in a few weeks I will have things unpacked and I will be ready to hit the ground running with a new kit very soon.

Pray for all of us because it seems like we are all going in different directions now days and the full realization hasn't hit me that Devin and Clayton are no longer going to be around. I figure once everything slows down it will hit me then. My nest went from three to one...WOW. What is this crazy mom going to do? I haven't had one kid at home in quite sometime but Denver and I are looking forward to our new life that is developing before us.

I have been reading books lately. I just finished "90 minutes in Heaven" and this is a must read. The next book was "Get Out of That Pit" by Beth Moore, Wow is all I can say. I also just finished "Beyond Band of Brother, The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters", if you enjoyed the Band of Brothers mini series this is a great follow up to the show. He covers alot that wasn't in the mini series. This was an amazing man. I am also reading "Have A New Kid By Friday" (look out Denver, Mom is getting ready) This is a really good book on those strong willed children and how to deal with them. Basically a happy child is an unhealthy child but a unhappy child is a healthy child. I can so relate to this because I am guilty of spoiling the boys and they don't appreciate anything so the tables have now turned and Mom is ready to change their lives once and for all. Wish me luck.

Well better get back to the moving game...
Take care, Missie

No comments: